Sunday, May 31, 2009

Clay Pot Wreath

Good evening. I hope you all had a wonderful weekend. It was nice both days here so I was able to work a little on some flower beds. I finally cut back the daffodil and tulip leaves. I know you are to leave them but after awhile I just can't stand looking at them anymore.

I wanted to show you a wreath that I made a few years ago. It just starts with a grapevine wreath. You then just use wire--I used rusty so it didn't show as much--and wire little clay pots around the wreath until all of the area is covered. It is way easy to do and I think looks really cute. I have it hanging on the door to our little smokehouse. It is in the header picture. My DH and FIL moved the smokehouse about 13 years ago. It was over on the other side of our property and was starting to rot. I convinced him, how I don't know to move it over to use for a playhouse for the kids. They cut off the rotten part of the bottom and attached it to a skid loader and pulled it across the yard, set in on a new pad of concrete, and fastened it down. The funny part is that the kids never really played in it. It was hot in the summer, stinky from the smoke, and had LOTS of cobwebs. It worked great for storing all of the outside toys they used to have. I have black eyed Susans planted all around it so it looks pretty later in the summer. I will change the picture so you can see it.



I painted my cupboard today and just have to give the front of the doors one more coat. That will be done tomorrow and hopefully I can get it into the house!!!

That is all for tonight. Thanks for stopping by and have a great week.

~Melissa~

4 comments:

  1. I love your header, Melissa! What a nice display under your tree.
    Your clay pot wreath is cute, too! Perfect for a garden shed!

    Have a great day,
    ~Kris~

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the new picture header. It looks great!

    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that wreath and so wish to try it but know time what with everything going on here in our house. Love your header to looks just great!
    Rondell

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the clay pot wreath. It would look great on the side of a barn or the porch! I would add some sunflowers and a big raffia bow!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I truly appreciate it!! Have a wonderfully prim day!!~~Melissa