Monday, May 11, 2009

Recital Weekend

Hello, everyone. I hope all of you mothers had a great day yesterday. Mine was very good. I woke up to a breakfast casserole made by DH and DS. It was yummy. They all fixed me lunch as well--and did dishes. We visited both of our moms later in the day and had pizza for supper. Does anyone else wish Mother's Day was a monthly celebration???

Our girls had their dance recital this weekend. I took several pictures but never got one with just the two of them. I don't know where my head was. When they were little, they would get all dressed up at home and I would get pictures. Now that they are older, they get dressed at the auditorium. I was backstage for two performances so I could have taken one then but forgot. Once the show starts, they are too busy with costume changes to take any photos. They have such neat costumes I wish I could have shown them all to you, but you will have to settle for what they started the show with. Here they are with their dance teacher. Alex is on the right and her group tap danced to Puttin' on the Ritz-hence the tux. Emily's group danced a lyrical ballet to Great Spirit from the movie Brother Bear. It was a real earthy sounding song so the costume complemented it well. The performances are awesome. Their teacher is friends with a choreographer from LA who comes in and teaches several dances. They are so neat and the girls just love it. Now we are all sad that we have to wait a whole year for them to do it again.



I guess I'll go for now and get busy. I am hoping to get my flowers planted in pots today. I've only had them for about a week now!! I'm only doing the pots because there was a frost advisory last night and possibly again tonight. Ugh!!! Thanks for stopping by. Have a super day.

~Melissa~

4 comments:

  1. How exciting to see them both perform:)

    Very beautiful girls! Nice seeing you too!
    Rondell

    ReplyDelete
  2. What beautiful girls you have. Hope you had a nice Mother's Day.

    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I know these girls... They look so mushc more mature with their hair back... Heard it was great...

    ReplyDelete
  4. What great pictures! My daughter danced when she was young and now my granddaughter is carrying on the tradition. Loved seeing YOUR picture with your beautiful daughters. Thanks for the Sweet Annie tip! Sure hope I get lots, Dawn

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I truly appreciate it!! Have a wonderfully prim day!!~~Melissa