Friday, September 25, 2009

Outdoor Decor & GS Finds

Hi. I can not believe it is Friday already. Seems like I'm always busy but not accomplishing too much!! I was just thinking how awesome it would be to have a maid and a cook on duty all day. I could just go in my room, shut the door and craft away. I suppose until I win the lottery, that will never be an option. I have alot to get done this afternoon so this post will be short on words and long on pics. I just love those!!!

I did get outdoors yesterday and get my decorating done. My MIL grew pumpkins this year so she blessed us with a bunch. Every year, I plan to plant some, but forget to remind my DH not to spray part of the field by us so I can plant the seeds. The chemical he puts on prevents germination of seeds. I usually get so aggravated that we farm so much, but have to buy pumpkins!!! This year, we didn't have to. I did buy the gourds and would like to keep some seeds for next year.

I did get to some garage sales today. It has been awhile. I found some cool things. I bought the basket for $3. I has holes in the corners and the bottom, but I still love it. I thought of my friend Ann when I bought it. Her blog is A Hole in the Basket Primitives. The gourds were 25 cents each. The lady in front of me bought a bunch and she had the really good ones. GRRRR.




Isn't that little chest just beautiful!! I plan on painting it and using it for a jewelry box. I'll let you see it whenever the time comes to paint. One can never have too many totes!!


This little crock came with the little shelves up above. All three pieces for 75 cents. Pretty good deal. Well, that's all for now. We have lots going on this weekend. I hope you all enjoy yours.
~Melissa~


10 comments:

  1. Oh Melissa! First of all I love your header picture....LOVE IT!
    Second of all I love your Autumn decorating...so so festive!
    And lastly...I love your GS finds...the prices were fantastic and my favorite is the chest of drawers. Can't wait to see how you prim that baby up!
    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your simple fall decorating & your header. Great thrift store finds, too. Have a great fall weekend.
    hugs,
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Melissa,
    I just love Ohio this time of year, and fall decorating is always so much fun.
    Thanks for sharing your beautiful pictures!
    Linda*

    ReplyDelete
  4. HI Melissa,
    Love everything in this post, your header pic, your pumpkins, the old basket with gourds, new crock. Nice findings!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love all of your Fall photos. That little crock is too cute!

    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your autumn decor...and what fabulous finds!! Have a great weekend! ~Natalie

    ReplyDelete
  7. I still don't have my pumpkins, mums or cornstalks so seeing yours was a real inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow, awesome finds! I can't get over the price. Way to go girl. I will be taking some pics of my outdoor fall decorations as soon as i get my new shutters up..lol

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your outdoor decorations are beautiful. It all looks wonderful. The orange pumpkin sitting in a black chair against a white background looks absolutely fabulous. It reminds me of something right out of a magazine. Thanks for letting us see all your wonderful displays. Now I feel inspired to head outside and get busy. Blessings to you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the basket! It's better with those holes in it isn't it? The gourds for 25 cents were a steal. I haven't had time to GS since school started. ~Ann

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I truly appreciate it!! Have a wonderfully prim day!!~~Melissa