Saturday, February 7, 2009

Saturday Ramblings

Hello!! What a nice day we have been having. It is over 40 degrees, the sun was out for a little while, and I could see grass. It was brown grass, but better than snow. Green grass and flowers can't be far behind!!!




I just finished up one of the stitcheries that I was working on. It is from Moonchilds Primitives. I framed it in one of my garage sale make overs and hung it on the end of my kitchen cupboards. I am never sure whether to use the glass or not. I like how it keeps it cleaner, but not really wild about the glare. What do you do??



I am posting a picture of what I did with my kleenex box in the bathroom. I don't like that the boxes don't go at all and I didn't want to spend money on buying a cover. Not to mention that it is hard to find some size covers. Anyway, I was going through my
stash of garage sale items and found this box. It fits perfectly on the back of the toilet and there is still plenty of room for a candle next to it. Now the kleenexes are out and the box stays hidden. All for 25 cents!!!
I am trying to get myself psyched up to paint my kitchen cupboards. We painted them about 4 years ago. My husband did the majority of the work as he sprayed the doors to prevent brush marks. The paint we used was a really good paint. However, they don't make that color anymore and even with the formula we have for it, it looks different. It was an oil base. Anyway, we are also residing the house and getting all new windows--old farmhouse--gotta love that!!! So the windows in the kitchen and utility room will need to be painted to match the cupboards. We don't want the paint to look different, so I am going to use Old Century Cranberry and repaint them. Brush this time!!! I am just waiting on a bonding solution to mix with the paint to come in. Old Century said the new paint would stick better to the old with it. It sure sounded more fun before the paint arrived!! The color won't be much different that what we have now. You can see in the first picture behind the welcome stitchery. The bonding mixture is to be in on Tuesday. Can't wait:) I'll keep you up to date!!
Have a great day. Thanks for stopping by. ~~~Melissa

5 comments:

  1. That looks great and I love the stitcherie that you were working on. I live in Ohio as well and was so glad that we had the heatwave that we did today. I know that it is brown grass, but I must admit that I am tired of seeing the ice and snow so it is nice for a change. Your tissue box looks wonderful.

    Thanks for sharing!!

    Lisa (Prims from Above)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your stitchery looks primfect! :) I too was glad to see the sun out a little and the temps up enough that I could see the driveway again and some brown ground. Can hardly wait to get outside and plant flowers and garden again. :) Let me just say that I love what you did with the tissue box! How clever is that. Got to love garage sales, which is another reason that I am so anxious for spring to get here.

    OH! You had asked me where I live in Ohio and it is Norwalk. Actaully, not in Norwalk of course, but that is what our mailing address is. Norwalk is home of the Norwalk Motor Speedway, aka, drag strip. We are directly south of Sandusky (Cedar Point) and travel there to go shopping a lot. It is the closest town to us that has a mall and all of the shopping centers. Where in NW Ohio do you live?

    Happy crafting and blessings,
    Stacey

    ReplyDelete
  3. The first post that you have is from my cousin's wife. Lisa has a great primitive blog page if you have not had the chance to go and check her's out yet. You will simply fall in love with it. :) Just thought I would let you know!

    Have a great Sunday! Will look forward to the pictures of all of your painting. :)

    Blessings,
    Stacey

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the color of your cabinets...wish I had enough courage to paint mine. DH would have a cow if I painted his oak cabinets but I am ready for somethig different. I live in north central ohio! Dianntha

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm trying to get up the nerve to paint the kitchen cupboards for the first time!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I truly appreciate it!! Have a wonderfully prim day!!~~Melissa