Friday, July 24, 2009

New Goodies to Share

Hello!! I hope you are all having a good day. It is beautiful here..the perfect summer day...sunny and low 80's. Now if we could only bottle this to use all year!!I know some of you do have this most of the year, but here in Ohio it sometimes is not too nice.

I stopped at the GW and TS today on my way to get groceries. There were many garage sales too, but the kids were along and although they tell me I can stop, it's not one of their favorite things to do. I did stop at one though and they did get out. It's one I went to last year and they sell antiques. The prices are not garage sale prices, but not antique store either. I think they are rather reasonable. Anyway, they like to stop at that one. I found this neat old rolling pin right away. I like the ones that are all one piece. Then I found a really neat wooden bowl. My DS asked me if I already had one like it. I had to chuckle as I have many wooden bowls. I took that as a sign that I had enough for at least now and by-passed it. It was neat though--a Munising. Oh, well. I bought the fabric under it at a local store. I think it will look nice on pm boxes.




Then one of my DD's found this unusual piece. We were all trying to figure out just what it was when the gal came up to tell us. A dealer had just been there and told her that it was a cranberry scoop. Beats me. I wouldn't think they would use wooden scoops for that but apparently they do. She said she has had it for many years and decided to sell it. She used it for magazines. I think it would look neat with greens in it at Christmas. Pardon the cat's head in the picture. Lulu was checking it out. It needs a good scrubbing.



These other items were from the GW and TS. Just more wooden pieces to add to my pile. The clock was only $1.50.I think I may repaint it once I figure out where to put it. I really like the little tin strainer. I'm a sucker for anything old that is made of tin.



We went to a Detroit Tigers game yesterday. We live about 2 hours south. My DS is a Tiger's fan while the rest are mostly undecided or Indian's fans.My DD brought a friend who is a die-hard Indians fan. She even wore an Indians shirt. It rained at the beginning so it started late. The sun came out and was behind clouds part of the time. It did get warm, but it really was a nice day. They lost. DS was bummed.




I had to take a picture of JoJo. This is her telling me she is rather unhappy with me for giving her the monthly flea/tick medicine. She always sulks around after I put it on her. It does have a strong alcohol smell to it so I think that is what bothers her. It's still better than fleas in the house.



Well, I'm off to work on a fall pattern. I am helping Susie at Yankee Lane Primitives make up a few prototypes for her patterns. The first one is going to be a set of bats. Check back in a few days and I hope to have them done. I have never made anything just following a pattern without a picture before. Should be fun.

I'm nearing my 50th post and have some goodies ready for a give away. Check back. Thanks for stopping by and have a great weekend.

~Melissa~

9 comments:

  1. Great finds this week!
    Can't pick my favorite...well, all of them!
    Any time you wish to unload a few let me know!
    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful finds at the garage sale & TS. I love that cranberry scoop ~ very unusual. Being from Mi. I grew up watching the Tigers but not so much anymore. Have a great weekend.
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Melissa,
    Great finds!! Love the clock!...and the rolling pin! I've not been able to find a rolling pin around here in months. Actually, our thrift shops have not had much of anything here lately! Have them send some great goodies down to my part of Ohio. LOL...
    Have a great weekend.
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great goodies, Melissa! I especially like the long cutting board!
    Lulu's like my 2 cats - they stick their nose into everything. Everytime I come home with shopping bags, they're right there with their noses in the bags checking things out.

    Enjoy your weekend,
    ~Kris~

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Melissa...what great finds! What an interesting cranberry scoop! I would have NEVER guessed! So sorry our Mariners beat your son's Tigers yesterday, but if its any consolation, your Indians are clobbering my Mariners right now! LOL! Have a great weekend! ~~Annie

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the one piece rolling pins too, I think I have about 3 or 4:)
    Love the cranberry picker it will look great with greens for Christmas:)
    The clock is so neat and only 1.50? I paid 5.00 for a blue one at a yard sale last Saturday but that's ok I wanted it:)
    Have a great weekend!
    Rondell

    ReplyDelete
  7. What great finds at the garage sale and GW!
    Love the cranberry scoop!! It has such a great patina. It will look awesome with Christmas greens on it. Enjoy your Sunday!

    Prim Blessings,
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  8. hi melissa, i found you through lisa's blog.
    love your header and all your great finds. :)
    i added you to my faves.
    kim

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Melissa,

    I wanted to let you know I come here al the time but either can't see your blog, or I can
    to leave a message. Don't know why it happens with your and no one else now. Just know I am still a fan! hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I truly appreciate it!! Have a wonderfully prim day!!~~Melissa