Wednesday, April 24, 2019

Composting 101

Good morning!! Finally enjoying a little nicer weather here in Ohio so I've been out working on the flower and garden beds a bit. I decided this year I would like to try my hand at composting after seeing how many food scraps we throw out even though we do throw out them into our field.  This way I can get some benefit from them.  Since this is a first time, I didn't want to invest a lot of money and time into a bin in case I don't continue.  So off to Pinterest I went.  Seriously, what did we do before that glorious website emerged?  It makes us feel like we can do anything!!!  I love it!!  Here is a link to the one I thought I would try.  


It takes wire hardware cloth or chicken wire, metal posts and heavy wire to hook it all together. 

 I had intentions of putting it together and posting pics of the process, but my husband and son put it up for me yesterday while I was gone so here is the finished project.  I put a few sticks in the bottom so air can circulate some through it.  Then topped it with some old leaves and some vegetable scraps.  I'm still searching Pinterest for what to compost and what not to, but I definitely feel it is something I will continue.  I'll keep you posted on the progress!




Thanks for stopping by.  Hoping you have a wonderful day!!  
Blessings...
Melissa

1 comment:

  1. I composted years ago...but had the composter tucked out of sight and it was too much of a hike when the weather was bad (which, if you haven’t figured it out, is most of the time here LOL).... It is something, though, I might think about doing again...although we don’t have nearly the scraps and such that we did before there were just the 2 of us. I’ll be interested to see your progress! ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I truly appreciate it!! Have a wonderfully prim day!!~~Melissa