Monday, July 26, 2010

Remodel......and We Have Lights

Good morning.  The remodeling continues this morning.  We have all of the paneling down and are having insulation blow into the outside walls.....I hope there is not as much mess as I think there will be, but won't know until it's done.  We have tarps all over to protect the carpet.  We resided the outside last year, but the family room was still a bit cold and drafty.  Well, we figured out why.  Part of the room used to be a sun porch and it has a stone foundation outside, under the bow window.  When they took the paneling down, there was no insulation there only plaster next to the stone wall.  No wonder it was cold. 


We used to hear squirrels rolling walnuts around the ceiling years ago. Another perk of an old house.  Anyway, after the paneling was off this is what we found.....


I started counting as I took them out.  I told everyone in the room to take a guess at how many.  My oldest said 102.  I asked her if she was counting because that is exactly how many there were. Wonder how long it took the squirrel to get those there.  Kinda funny, but gross too. 

I had said in my last post that we were not able to get all of the recessed lights in that we wanted.  Well.....we have an awesome contractor who I mentioned the problem to.  He crawled into the space between the ceiling and floor through a floor vent to get access for the electricians.  He mentioned after the fact that he is claustrophobic.  We were running a fan into the hole to keep some air moving.  I am so happy we were able to get them all.  It just did not look right with them only on one half of the room.


Well, gotta go for now.  They are sealing the room off.  I'll show you pics on the next post.  Take care and thanks for stopping by.

~Melissa~

2 comments:

  1. Missy... I know it will be lovely when it is completed... You will really enjoy...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...that is something that the squirrels stored that many walnuts! Can't wait to see pics of your remodeling when its done!

    Tammy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I truly appreciate it!! Have a wonderfully prim day!!~~Melissa