Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Getting Started on the World of Blogging.





Hello, everyone. Because it is such a yucky day here and my options for keeping busy are either cleaning or starting up a blog, I chose the latter. Now, I don't really know what I'm doing. My friend started one and she said if she could do it, so could I. We'll see.




I have chosen to call my blog Farm Field Primitives because my husband of 18 1/2 years and I have lived on the family farm for 15 years. He has been involved in farming his entire life. My grandparents, father, and uncle farmed as well, but not to the extent that my husband now does. We are currently grain only farmers. I know that livestock add to the charm of a farm, but I don't miss the odor. I don't actually farm along with my husband, although he tells me that running the equipment is not hard. I do the book keeping and general running around that is involved especially during the spring and fall.




I have loved antiques as long as I can remember. My mother took me to auctions when I was growing up. I do wish that I would have loved primitives then as much as I do now. I didn't really get into primitives until we moved into the farmhouse.



This is my newest piece that my parents gave to us for Christmas. It comes from a store about 30 minutes away. They design and build antique pieces using old barn siding. This actually looks like the top piece was a cupboard and was placed on top of another. It doesn't show up much next to the walls.
I have a coffee table from the same shop. They have some very unique pieces.
My goals this year include trying to make more projects. It seems I am always finding patterns that I just love-only to file them away for someday. Someday never comes and they just sit in the folder quietly waiting.
I look forward to hearing from all of you wonderfully talented prim lovers with ideas, pictures, recipes, or anything you would love to share. I promise to try to figure out what I am doing with this whole blog thing and let you know what projects I am starting and most importantly--finishing!! My friends blog, A Hole in the Basket Primitives is holding a contest to inspire you to dig out those long forgotten projects and bring life to them. Thanks for stopping by and take care.

3 comments:

  1. Hey Best Friend! I've inspired you haven't I. You better be signing up for the Procrastinator's Challenge...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Evening... A WaRm WeLcoMe to BLoGLaNd. You are going to LoVe It!

    I will be back to visit & see what you are up to.

    Please, stroll on over and visit with me... will be glad to have you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, welcome to this wonderful network of friends. I came across your blog while visiting another friends. It will be fun to follow your blog and please stop by mine. I have only been blogging since late summer and have so enjoyed it. You will find so many many good people with wonderful talents to share and view. I have learned so much from their friendly tutorials and advise. I too love tag sales and junking! I have added you to my favorites. Stop on by, Dawn

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I truly appreciate it!! Have a wonderfully prim day!!~~Melissa