Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Patriotic Decorating

Hello!!  After taking too much time off, I am back.  Hopefully I can keep a bit more current.  I haven't been working on anything new or changing up my décor, so I didn't feel like there was much to share.  I wanted to share my patriotic decorating. My utility room has become one of my favorite rooms to decorate since we remodeled a couple of years ago.  It's small so it seems less daunting to change up. This dry sink was purchased about 20 years ago and was used for a changing table for all of our kids. It now holds stoneware, a wooden bowl and my whisk broom collection.   
 

The little stool was a garage sale find and I made the pillow years ago.  

 


I know pussy willows are spring flowers, but I love the simplicity and color so I think I will keep them out for a bit yet.
 


 
 

My daughter Emily made the stitchery on the right top about 8 years ago.  The others were done by me.  The stars is my one and only attempt at punch needle.  I like doing it, but haven't done any since!! The basket was made by my friend Ann ( A Hole In The Basket Primitives) as a birthday gift a few years ago.
 

 
I "won" the pantry box on EBay a few weeks ago.  I came from out East.  I am a bit jealous of all the goodies that come from that part of the country.  Seems like here in NW Ohio, primitives like that just aren't very plentiful.  Makes me wish I would have started liking these things long before I did when they were cheaper and easier to find!!  I made the sugar cone also a few years ago.  It just found
new life on top of the box!
 



This blackened beeswax cupboard hanger was one of my newest offerings this summer.  The mold is from Homespun Heart Prim on Etsy. She has beautiful molds.  This particular hanger is made of heavily scented cinnamon blackened beeswax.  I also am beginning to make items out of white beeswax tinted ivory with a vanilla scent.  These items are available in my Etsy shop.
 



I post updates on my current listings on my Facebook page for Farm Field Primitives.  Please stop by and "like" the page to get updates as I add more. 
 
Thanks for stopping by.  I have pictures of my gardens loaded and ready to be posted also.  Hopefully in a few days.  Enjoy your July 4th festivities and be safe!!
 
Blessings....Melissa

9 comments:

  1. Glad to see you back! Your home is beautiful....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just love all your decor....lovely prim and cozy! :)

    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad you're posting again! Your home is beautiful and I love to see all your decorating!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Melissa~ been a while since I posted also!!
    Oh, girl your home looks simply prim perfect!Wonderful job decorating ~
    hugs & smiles
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oops,try again, hello Melissa, love your prim blog....and your decorating is really wonderful, prim perfect, Francine.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your decorating I also love primitive decor and I love to paint I paint country ages please check out my auctions on eBay www. Stores.ebay.com/county-art-loft

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I truly appreciate it!! Have a wonderfully prim day!!~~Melissa