Monday, February 23, 2009
My kitchen cupboards are still on hold until we get the outside of the house done. Hopefully another week or so. I would like to get them done before it gets too nice out to work on them.
I had to share a picture with you from this weekend. It was my 40th (yuck) birthday Saturday. This is what my son, age 10, made for me out of his Lego's. That and my daughter made me a cake, and I didn't have to fix supper. It was a pretty good day considering!!
So again, please post your window treatment photos so I can become inspired!! Thanks for stopping by. ~~Melissa
Thursday, February 19, 2009
As you can tell, there is alot of work to do. I have been keeping busy following them around and cleaning up the messes inside. It has also put a halt to my kitchen cupboard painting for right now. Since the garage is full of their supplies, I don't have room to put the doors to paint. I have done the insides already. I don't want to do the trim inside while everyone is in and out either. I haven't been able to work on my TS finds either. My workbench is blocked!! So here I sit, with so much to do but unable to do it. Good thing I have all of these wonderful blogs to read. I have much catching up to do. We were with Internet service for 2 days. It is amazing how dependent we (I) become on the Internet!!
Friday, February 13, 2009
Saturday, February 7, 2009
Thursday, February 5, 2009
2. Bowls. Old wooden ones are my favorite but I also love yellowware and old blue ones.
4. Boxes. I love to find them at garage sales and auctions and fix them up for use either inside or out. This one may be put away soon. It isn't as cute now as it was in November. Before the yucky winter!!
5. Old Baskets!!!!
4. Braided rugs. I looked a long time until I finally found this one. It seems they always throw in a color or two that I don't like. This one is perfect!!
5. Bowl Fillers. JoJo has claimed this one and doesn't like anything put into it!!
7. Blogging--of course!!
8. Bulbs. Not only the ones that bring beautiful flowers each spring but the silicone ones that decorate all the corners of our home.
9. Boots--they keep my feet dry when I take the garbage out. Oh, how I wish for a garbage disposal this time of year.
10. Barns. I really like when they are all fixed up. The stories they could tell.
11. Ballet. My girls both take dance and while I prefer jazz and tap, I love the calmness of watching them dance.
12. Blankets. Who doesn't like to curl up in a warm blanket when it is freezing out!!
Well, that is my list. I would love to see some of yours as well. If you would like a letter, please let me know. I need to go for now and take the girls to dance class. Have a great night. Thanks for stopping by!!!
Monday, February 2, 2009
After going through all of the other patterns I had and filing them under their respective season and/or craft type, I moved on to the scrapbook supplies. I sorted what I didn't want and will take them to church when we have our scrap days and see if anyone else would like them. I took all of the paper I had and put it into an old tool box that I picked up at a garage sale this summer. I fits perfectly under my crafting table and takes up less space than my previous storage solution-a rubbermaid container. Plus it looks way more prim. Then I added a crock beside my table to use as a trash can. Again, better than the old yucky can I had that was a misfit from another room. Once I get my room the way I would like, I will post some pictures. I hope the picture of the tool box doesn't show up more than once. I was having a little trouble with the adding photo feature!!
The next project I finally finished was the dance signs in my girls' rooms. DH hung them for us last night. They turned out pretty well. I will never again attempt a project like this. It did not go smoothly at all. All I can say is they are done!!! I used lettering from Uppercase Living, frames from Michaels, and duckcloth for the backing. The top one has black letters and frame with duckcloth that I painted white. The bottom one has chocolate brown letters, white frame, and the duckcloth in the natural color.
I also finished one of the stitcheries I was working on. I am in the process of painting the frame now and will post when it's done. I now have some homework to do. Linda from Behind My Red Door assigned me the letter B to list things that I love. I have really had to do some thinking. My next post will feature these items. There are actually alot more than what I thought.
Thanks for taking time to stop by. I truly appreciate it. Have a wonderful evening and take care.
Sorry for the long gap at the end of this post. Don't know what I did wrong.